Friday 3 September 2010

Cherry Pie

I've been noticing a bit of a cherry print comeback lately and this is something I can definitely get behind! I used to have a gorgeous white cherry print top when I was about....oooh....15? I loved it and haven't really been diggin prints in recent years but this is really bringing back some good memories. So while I was in Spitalfields market yesterday I came across this little gem!



At £15, this dress was a bargain and supports independent designers, so everyones happy!

I thought given my pretty monochromatic wardrobe it might be wise to figure out how to wear patterns again since I may have lost the knack. So here are a couple of ways I can dress this dress up or down:




THE ROCK CHICK DAY LOOK: Whack on a pair of Doc martens and a Biker and this dress will take on an edgy day look with ease. A slick of red lippy will add some sophisticated Gwen Stefani about the ensemble and the knee high tights will keep it looking young and not too 80's washed up pop star. (My favourite choice) I might also add a red bandana if the whole look seems like it needs a bit more red to pull it together.



EVENING CHIC: A mongolian fluffy jacket and a pair of opaque tights to keep me warm in the winter months are the perfect accompaniment for dinner out. A pair of cherry red shoes will keep the outfit looking put together and perhaps a couple of layered chains if I'm feeling fancy.


The cherry print is a cool look to work over autumn and it will work for both day and evening. Only thing is, you have to avoid adding too many otehr colours or it becomes a bit kids dressing up box! If anyone sees any more Cherry Print ensemble ideas, shoot them my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hmm...How does this make you feel?